Hey there my cubicle buddies!
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Mine was quite busy. But fun. The new recipe I tried out for dinner on Friday night went fine. No real problems and everyone seemed to eat it. So that's a good sign. The turkey meatball soup was a lot like a homemade chicken noodle soup...but with the meatballs instead. Little different and healthy too!
We toured a maple sugar bush and learned about the history of making syrup and even sampled a few different types with some piping hot pancakes! Yummy!
But tonight is what will go down in my memory book for this weekend.
We were all looking forward to having our friends over for dinner. It had been a while since we'd all gotten together. So we tidied up the house and got to work on dinner.
We'll review the night with our Hindsight 20/20 goggles ok?
1. Make sure the potatoes are cooked BEFORE you smash them with the bottom of a cooking pot.
2. IF your potato goes flying across the kitchen for the second time...DON'T throw it at the stove out of frustration.
3. DON'T drop half the chicken pieces on the floor as you are putting it in the oven.
4. IF you do drop the chicken pieces on the floor at least DON'T do this while your company is standing and watching.
5. Apparently we DON'T cook the chicken OR the potatoes on the bottom rack of the oven or the fire alarm will go off...more than once...
6. DON'T forget to put the bacon bits you sent your husband out to get on the salad.
7. IF you cook more vegetables in the steamer then usual make sure you INCREASE the cooking time or they WILL come out raw.
And finally #8. APPRECIATE the friends that will stay for dinner even through all of this and even smile and tell you how good it tastes.